By Richard K. Peach
This new graduate point textbook, Cognition and bought Language issues: a data Processing Approach, addresses the cognitive features of language and communique. It assembles the newest info in this subject, addressing common cognitive processing for language in adults, the cognitive impairments underlying language issues bobbing up from quite a few neurologic stipulations, and present review and therapy techniques for the administration of those issues. The textual content is prepared utilizing a knowledge processing method of got language problems, and hence should be set except texts that depend upon a extra conventional, syndrome-based method (e.g., stroke, dementia, and stressful mind injury). This technique enables the outline and therapy of received language issues throughout many neurologic teams whilst specific cognitive deficits are pointed out. different valuable positive factors of the textual content contain evaluate and therapy protocols which are in response to present proof. those protocols supply scholars and clinicians a prepared medical source for handling language issues because of deficits in consciousness, reminiscence, linguistic operations, and government services.
- Unique process-oriented approach organizes content material via cognitive methods rather than via syndromes so that you can follow the data and remedy techniques to anybody of many neurologic teams with an analogous cognitive deficit.
- Cognitive domain names are defined as they relate to communication instead of separated as they're in lots of different courses the place they're handled as autonomous behaviors.
- A separate part on common processing contains 5 chapters offering a robust starting place for realizing the criteria that give a contribution to disordered conversation and its management.
- The evidence-based approach promotes top practices for the best administration of sufferers with cognitive-communication disorders.
- Coverage of the cognitive elements of communication is helping you meet the criteria for certification in speech-language pathology.
- A robust writer team contains lead authors who're popular and hugely revered within the educational neighborhood, besides specialist individuals, making sure a entire, complicated scientific text/reference.
Read or Download Cognition and Acquired Language Disorders PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
Those essays on quite a number issues within the cognitive neurosciences record at the growth within the box over the 20 years of its life and replicate the numerous groundbreaking medical contributions and enduring impression of Michael Gazzaniga, "the godfather of cognitive neuroscience"—founder of the Cognitive Neuroscience Society, founding editor of the magazine of Cognitive Neuroscience , and editor of the most important reference paintings, The Cognitive Neurosciences , now in its fourth variation (MIT Press, 2009).
The Psychology of studying and Motivation sequence publishes empirical and theoretical contributions in cognitive and experimental psychology, starting from classical and instrumental conditioning to advanced studying and challenge fixing. every one bankruptcy thoughtfully integrates the writings of best participants, who current and speak about major our bodies of analysis appropriate to their self-discipline.
Neuroscience, recognition and Spirituality provides numerous views via top thinkers on modern learn into the mind, the brain and the spirit. This volumes goals at combining wisdom from neuroscience with ways from the experiential standpoint of the 1st individual singular so one can arrive at an built-in figuring out of attention.
- Neuropsychological Evaluation of the Spanish Speaker
- The New Unconscious
- Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury: Current Research and Future Directions
- Neuropsychological assessment in the age of evidence-based practice : diagnostic and treatment evaluations
- Overcoming Health Anxiety: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
- I of the Vortex: From Neurons to Self
Extra info for Cognition and Acquired Language Disorders
Schwartzman, A. (1988). Measurement and correlates of verbosity in elderly people. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 43, 27–33. , & Arbuckle, T. Y. (1995). A longitudinal study of off-target verbosity. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 50B, P307–325. Rabbitt, P. (1966). Recognition: Memory for words correctly heard in noise. Psychonomic Science, 6, 383–384. Rabbitt, P. (1993). Does it all go together when it goes? The Nineteenth Bartlett Memorial Lecture. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology A: Human Experimental Psychology, 46A, 385–434.
Herman, R. (2010). Aging and the vulnerability of speech to dual task demands. Psychology and Aging, 25, 949–963. , & Sumner, A. (2001). The structure of verbal abilities in young and older adults. Psychology and Aging, 16, 312–322. Kimberg, D. , & Farah, M. J. (2000). Frontal lobes II: Cognitive issues. In M. J. Farah & T. E. ), Patient-based approaches to cognitive neuroscience (pp. 317–326). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. , & Just, M. A. (1991). Individual differences in syntactic processing: The role of working memory.
1997). Age-related differences in effective neural connectivity during encoding and recall. Neuroreport: An International Journal for the Rapid Communication of Research in Neuroscience, 8, 3479–3483. , & Waters, G. (1999). Verbal working memory and sentence comprehension. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 22, 114–126. , Kurland, D. , & Goldberg, J. (1982). Operational efficiency and the growth of short term memory span. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 33, 386–404. Catts, H. , & Kamhi, A.