By David C. Dale
It is a handy new assessment booklet, such as approximately a thousand case-based difficulties. no matter if you are learning for the board, recertifying, or simply trying to find a handy method to ensure your patient-care talents remain sharp, this inner medication self evaluate device makes evaluation effortless and enjoyable.
• accomplished. an intensive library of questions covers all of grownup inner drugs, plus Psychiatry, Neurology, Dermatology, and extra. And, all the 981 questions provides often encountered circumstances, diagnostic and healing thoughts, and in-depth reasoning and motives at the suggested offerings. Covers all of the significant components of perform you want to assessment to attain good at the exam.
• reliable. Questions are derived from the revered ACP medication CME application. For additional studying, the issues are referenced to ACP medication, a continuously up-to-date, evidence-based reference of grownup inner drugs. The instances are reviewed via specialists in scientific perform from our editorial board on the nation's prime clinical institutions.
• proper. Case-based for higher relevance to day-by-day practice—the structure chosen for plenty of of the questions about fresh tests. those self-assessment questions offer easy-to-understand, specific reasons of the foundations in the back of the answers—an perfect solution to prepare for the forums or recertification.
• Print or digital codecs. Our challenge sequence could be ordered in conventional print or handy publication codecs. The soft-cover print booklet is nearly six hundred pages, released in July of 2005. Or, our publication deals a handy PDF structure for instant obtain and lets you try your scientific wisdom anywhere you choose—from your machine or hand held gadget or by means of printing out an easy-to-read hardcopy to hold with you.
Read or Download Board Review from Medscape: Case-Based Internal Medicine Self-Assessment Questions PDF
Best diseases books
This quantity gains contributions from individuals of the ESRF symposium on "Immunotherapy in 2020—Visions and traits for concentrating on Inflammatory illnesses" held in Potsdam close to Berlin, Germany, in October 2006. The symposium displays lined the most mechanisms of immunoregulation comparable to peripheral and imperative tolerance, epigenetic programming, immunologic reminiscence, and regulatory networks in irritation in addition to novel experimental and medical methods for focusing on irritation in autoimmunity and transplantation.
This document is the results of collaboration among the distinct Programme for learn and coaching in Tropical illnesses (TDR), the excessive Commissioner for Human Rigths (HHR) staff and the United countries (UN) detailed Rapporteur at the correct of every body to the top possible regular of healthiness. overlooked illnesses are either a reason and outcome of human rights violations.
The effect of uncomplicated technological know-how, rather molecular biology, in human and veterinary medication revolutionized pondering in lots of facets and adjusted essentially and creatively the classical method for examine and prevention of infectious ailments. Genetic engineering and similar disciplines have improved to a impressive measure during the last decade and now shape the keystone aiding medication.
- Heart Diseases in Children: A Pediatrician's Guide
- Allogeneic Immunotherapy for Malignant Diseases (Basic and Clinical Oncology)
- Immunotherapy for Infectious Diseases
- Ischemic Stroke: An Atlas of Investigation and Treatment (Atlases of Investigation and Management)
Extra info for Board Review from Medscape: Case-Based Internal Medicine Self-Assessment Questions
Answer: D—Patients who try chiropractic therapy become dissatisfied after the first several treatments) 39. One of your patients tells you that she attended a seminar on the use of mind-body interventions to treat various conditions. She has been using various methods to overcome problems with asthma, anxiety, and substance abuse. Which of the following statements is false regarding mind-body interventions? ❏ A. The success of hypnotherapy depends on patient attitude toward hypnosis ❏ B. Biofeedback is a relaxation technique in which the patient continually subjectively assesses his or her level of relaxation and makes appropriate adjustments ❏ C.
With the exception of elevated blood presure and a fourth heart sound, the patient's physical examinations have been consistently normal. Today, the physical examination is unchanged, except that you notice a soft bruit in the left upper quadrant. Which of the following statements regarding renovascular hypertension is true? ❏ A. Renovascular hypertension is an exceptionally rare cause of hypertension in patients with treatment-resistant hypertension ❏ B. Stenosing lesions of the renal circulation cause hypertension through ischemia-mediated activation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system 10 BOARD REVIEW ❏ C.
He is minimally physically active. On physical examination, the patient’s blood pressure is 158/98 mm Hg, and he is moderately obese (body mass index, 27); the rest of his examination is normal. His laboratory examination, including a chem 7, CBC, TSH, and urinalysis, is normal, as is his electrocardiogram. Repeated blood pressure measurements over the next month are similar to the values first obtained. With respect to this patient’s blood pressure, what therapeutic option should be offered to this patient now?