By Richard York
You’ll see how one can leverage the jQuery UI library to make graphically pushed UI widgets. jQuery can provide the power to wreck content material up between a number of tabs within the similar web page. you could have the power to customise the feel and appear of the tabs, or even to create a sophisticated appear and feel via offering varied results that are available in if you mouse over tabs and click them. a few of the UI parts and methods include:
- make any aspect draggable with the mouse
- drag-and-drop person interfaces
- lists which are sortable through drag-and-drop
- re-size components on a web page utilizing the mouse
- custom pop-up dialogues which are like digital pop-up windows
- a graphical slider bar, just like your media player’s quantity control
Similar introductory & beginning books
Train your self CGI Programming with Perl five in every week is for the skilled website developer who's acquainted with simple HTML. the academic explains tips to use CGI so as to add interplay to sites. The CD contains the resource code for all of the examples utilized in the ebook, besides instruments for growing and enhancing CGI scripts, photograph maps, types, and HTML.
В книге рассказывается о технологии WML, которая позволяет создавать WAP страницы. И если Вас интересует WAP «изнутри», то эта книга для Вас. ebook Description the following new release of cellular communicators is the following, and offering content material to them will suggest programming in WML (Wireless Markup Language) and WMLScript, the languages of the instant program surroundings (WAE).
- An Introduction to Programming with IDL: Interactive Data Language
- Beginning Direct3D Game Programming
- Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2010 in 24 Hours: Complete Starter Kit
- Sams teach yourself CGI in 24 hours
Likewise, calling the nextAll() method with a selector also limits which elements are selected. addClass(‘tmpSibling’); The preceding code selects elements that come after the
AddClass(‘tmpParent’); 47 Part I: jQuery API The parents() method has the ability to look at all of an element’s ancestors, all the way back to the root element. If you only want to look at the immediate parent, you can use the parent() method instead. addClass(‘tmpParent’); The preceding code selects the
- element with ID name tmpPlaces immediate parent, which is the
- elements with class name tmpRealmOfMen have that class, in addition to the class name tmpSiblings. Selecting Specific Siblings Going back to the topic of siblings, jQuery has yet more methods that provide you with fine-grained control over sibling selection. In a preceding section, you saw how jQuery’s siblings() method allows you to select all siblings or a specific set of siblings using a selector. jQuery also gives you the ability to select siblings based on whether they appear before or after an element, using the following methods: next(), prev(), nextAll(), and prevAll().
- with the ID element tmpPlaces has a parent
In Figure 2-5, the